Thursday, April 3, 2025

President Trump Plans For Reinstatement of Keystone XL Pipeline

President Donald Trump has been spending a large portion of his first month in office reversing many policies that were made under former President Joe Biden. One of these reversals has been to get the Keystone XL pipeline project up and running again.

The pipeline project was shut down in 2021 under then-President Biden. It was planned to be a 1,200 mile pipeline that sent oil from Canada to Nebraska. The permits for the project were caught up in a wave of bureaucracy thanks to criticism from environmentalists.

But Donald Trump believes that now is the time for the pipeline project to get started again. “Our Country’s doing really well, and today, I was just thinking, that the company building the Keystone XL Pipeline that was viciously jettisoned by the incompetent Biden Administration should come back to America, and get it built — NOW!” Trump said in a post on Truth Social.

“I know they were treated very badly by Sleepy Joe Biden, but the Trump Administration is very different — Easy approvals, almost immediate start! If not them, perhaps another Pipeline Company. We want the Keystone XL Pipeline built!” the president continued.

White House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt has also been supportive of this initiative by Donald Trump. When speaking with Fox News, she confirmed Trump’s intentions for the Keystone XL pipeline:

Keystone XL Pipeline Beginnings And Eventual Termination

2010 marked the year in which construction began on the pipeline. But it hit a roadblock in 2015 when President Barack Obama rejected a permit for it after being pressured by environmentalists.

During his first term as president, Donald Trump started construction of the pipeline again, but President Joe Biden rejected the permit on the first day of his presidential term in 2021.

On June 9, 2021, TC Energy, the organization who is behind the pipeline project, confirmed in a press release that the pipeline had been shut down. South Bow Corp., a spinoff company of TC Energy, has expressed that it has no intentions of restarting the project for the pipeline.

According to reports from Bloomberg, there have been sections of the pipeline that have been dismantled once TC Energy announced the termination of the project.

“We continue to engage with customers to develop options to increase Canadian oil supplies to meet growing US demand,” Katie Stavinoha, a South Bow spokeswoman, said.

President Donald Trump however, won’t let any of this deter him in working to restart the Keystone XL Pipeline. He believes it’s a crucial resource that will ultimately help the United States prosper.

The Fairview Gazette will keep you informed on any updates to the Keystone XL Pipeline.

Latest Articles

Trump Hints at Future Diplomacy with Kim Jong-un, Reflects on Past Ties

In a candid exchange with reporters on Monday, President...

U.S. Military Moves Alleged Gang Members to El Salvador in Bold Crackdown

In a striking move late Sunday night, the U.S....

Trump Stands Firm: No Firings Over Signal Chat Leak, Dismisses It as “Witch Hunt”

In a phone interview with NBC News on Saturday,...

Trump threatens Canada and Europe with tighter tariffs

Trade Tensions Rise Between U.S., EU, and Canada On Thursday,...

Trump’s Popularity: A Fresh Perspective from CNN’s Data Guru

On Tuesday, CNN’s chief data analyst Harry Enten delivered...

Breakthrough Drone Navigation Unveiled: Maxar’s Raptor System Defies GPS Jamming

A leading geospatial intelligence company dropped a game-changing announcement...

Related Articles

0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x